Since my graduation from the LSE with a Master’s degree, I have worked extensively for think-tanks and international organizations as a policy analyst and a consultant. In this page, you can find information and links to publications resulting from that work.
Consultancy for UNHCR and WFP Lebanon for their cash assistance programs (2018 – ongoing)
I have been part of a four-member team (with Onur Altindag from Bentley, Stephen D. O’Connell from Emory and Zeynep Balcioglu from Northeastern) providing research for the cash assistance targeting model for Syrian refugees. Some findings of this research are also presented in academic venues.
- “Targeting humanitarian aid using administrative data: model design and validation” (with O. Altindag, S.D. O’Connell, Z. Balcioglu, P. Cadoni, M. Jerneck, A. K. Foong) – submitted to Journal of Development Economics
Background report for UNESCO Global Monitoring Report (2015)
- “Politics of Educational Expansion in Turkey”, Background Paper for UNESCO Education For All Global Monitoring Report 2015.
Education policy analyst at the Education Reform Initiative (2008-2013)
- Research on 2012 education reform (“4+4+4”) in Turkey (with G. Gurkan, A. Dincer, F. Koyuncu, 2013) [Research report in Turkish]
- Joint research by ERI, UNICEF Turkey and Ministry of National Education: Towards Stronger Primary Education Institutions (with Aysen Kose, 2012) [Research brief]
- Education Monitoring Reports